News on Christopher Nolan's Interstellar Movie

Interstellar

topic pinned

Interstellar Movie Plot Synopsis

HomeCommunity Forums IndexInterstellar Movie › View Topic

Rohan

Interstellar is a movie by Director, Christopher Nolan (Inception, Dark Night Trilogy).

Mainly based on the scientific theories and script treatment of renowned theoretical physicist, Kip Thorne. Interstellar is set to be released in November 7, 2014.

Nolan and Emma Thomas are producing with Lynda Obst, and Jordan Goldberg is exec producing. Obst commissioned the original treatment and Steven Spielberg came aboard in 2006, when Paramount owned DreamWorks and after the filmmaker became intrigued by Caltech physicist and relativity expert Kip S. Thorne and his scientific theory that wormholes exist and can be used for time travel. Spielberg set Jonah Nolan to write the script, which made it easy for Christopher Nolan to come aboard after Spielberg left the project. The ambition is that Interstellar will depict a heroic voyage to the farthest borders of our scientific understanding.

The film is co-finaced by Paramount Pictures and Warner Bros. Entertainment. In coming to a deal with its rival studio, Warners, which maintains an overall deal with Nolan's Syncopy label, relinquished to Paramount its rights to co-finance the next Friday the 13th horror film as well as a potential future South Park movie, which are two properties that were originally owned by Paramount before being brought by Warners. Also included in the negotiations was an agreement to let Paramount co-finance a to-be-determined A-list Warners property

1 Replies

Custodian

Rohan,

I realise this film is 1.5 year-lights away, but what kinda update can you offer us mere -non-industry-connected mortals?

:)

Mike

2013 sci-fi horror novels 'Custodian' and 'Tandem' available from Amazon, B&N, iTunes etc...
Username

Password

or Register an Account
Stay Connected
Community Feed
4 replies
chat about Nolan & Zimmer

Feb-19-2014 12:49 PM

1 replies
Movie of the year (2014)

Jan-20-2014 3:21 PM

3 replies
Have you seen these set photos?

Jan-12-2014 2:39 PM

7 replies
Here's my problem with time travel.

Jan-04-2014 5:39 PM

1 replies
Guess who is this in the trailer?

Jan-01-2014 7:55 AM

Latest News
0 Replies
Interstellar: The Official Movie Novelization

Here is the Interstellar...

Apr-12-2014 2:20 PM

1 Replies
Chris Nolan kept 'Interstellar' plot secret from Hans Zimmer

We all know how secretive Ch...

Apr-02-2014 1:44 PM

0 Replies
'Interstellar' Looks At Who We Are As People - Chris Nolan

It doesn't get anymore palat...

Mar-26-2014 4:44 PM

0 Replies
Chris Nolan to Attend CinemaCon 2014

The eyes and ears of the worldwide motion picture theater...

Mar-22-2014 1:52 PM

Recent Status Updates
Raptor-401 Just to let fellow Godzilla regulars here know that we are about to have an actual war here in the Jurassic World Forum...
Gojira2K Good night all.
Raptor-401 Just posted abotu how a war is starting
Gojira2K I have 239 until I get there.
Raptor-401 I am going to make a discussion with a thank you note for each member.
Carnosaur i know what i'm doin for my 1000th post ;)
Gojira2K A 1000th post is.
Part of the SciFied Fan Site Network
In Association With:
In association with Cinematic Impact
© 2012 - 2013 SciFied.com
Legal | Terms of Use